Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meals in Moz

I probably should have waited until I collected more food pictures.....but oh well.

So in our apartment we have a housekeeper who cleans and does laundry. But I recently decided that I would ask her to cook for us once a week (after talking to fellow colleagues about what their housekeepers do for them I discovered this was not an unusual request....plus, I miss mozambican food!). And as it turns out, she loves to cook. In fact, she cooked twice last week. First she made a big pot of feijoada (beans), as we had agreed. But then the other day I came home for lunch to find this cooked vegetable salad type thing waiting on our coffee table.....I just loved the presentation so much that I had to take a picture.


Breakfast out the other morning....I opted for something you can get in any good mozambican restaurant....a tosta (i.e. grilled cheese sandwich), and a latte (it was the glass that inspired the picture taking).


Recently I went with my friend Greg (and others) to the fish market - which will receive its own post soon enough. But in going with the "meal" theme of this post, here was part of our meal at the fish market...


Greg and I....happily full of crab, calamari, clams, and Fanta.

No comments: